IN THIS EPISODE
In this episode of the podcast I interview Karim Khan. Karim Khan is a Professor from the University of British Columbia, and is the editor of the British Journal of Sports Medicine. He has worked with a number of sports at an elite level, as a sports physician, and is well published on the topic of Achilles tendinopathy management. In the interview we discuss :
- His career pathway
- Important Components of the Subjective and Objective Assessment
- The role of imaging
- The sources of pain in Achilles Tendinopathy
- Evidence based physiotherapy management of Achilles Tendinopathy
- The role of other adjunctive therapies – NSAIDs, injections
- Karim’s Top 5 tips for successful management of Achilles tendinopathy
Karim discusses some great information that can improve your clinical reasoning, your physiotherapy interventions and ultimately improve your management of Achilles tendinopathy. I hope that you love it!
Click below to play (or click download to save it to your computer!), please allow a short time for loading. Please click here to download through iTunes.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS:
Additionally, I would like to thank the sponsors of the podcast, who make the production and delivery of the podcast to you possible: Clinical Edge. Clinical Edge delivers online and face-to-face professional development courses for physiotherapists. Kindly, in April they have offered 20% of the first month of an eLearning memberships if you use the coupon code SPORTS. Click here to check it out.