In This Episode
In this episode of the podcast I interview Trent Salkavich. Trent is a Sports Podiatrist and Director of SportsPodiatrists.com.au , he consults from Sydney Sports Medicine Centre, Balmain Sports Medicine and Sydney Sports Med Specialists. He is currently the consulting podiatrist for:
- Australian Defence Force Academy Barracks
- Sydney Apia (formally known as the Medibank) International Tennis Tournament
- NSWIS/AIS Tennis players
- Various AUS/NSW Institute of Sport Athletes
- Australian Wallabies 2011 World cup team
Trent has considerable experience working with elite level athletes and also integrating with other members of the allied health team including sports physiotherapists. In the interview we discuss:
- His career pathway
- A quick foot and biomechanical assessment
- The use of the Foot Posture Index
- The most common biomechanical faults he sees in elite level athletes
- What he recommends when it comes to footwear
- Where he weighs in on the Barefoot Running Debate
Trent discusses some epic information that can improve your assessment, management and injury prevention of the elite level running athlete. I hope that you love it: ok, enough stalling and enjoy the episode!
Click below to play (or click download to save it to your computer!), please allow a short time for loading. Please click here to download through iTunes.
Research Discussed In This Episode
Running Technique: An Evolutionary Medical Perspective Presentation by Sports Physiotherapist Brett Kemble
Running Technique: Rearfoot, Midfoot or Forefoot? Presentation by Sports Podiatrists Emily Smitth
Photo Credit: Dark Dwarf
Win A Free Lifetime Listing On Our Directory!
Do you want to win free lifetime listing on The Sports Physiotherapist Directory? To win, simply email [email protected] and tell me in 25 words or less why your physiotherapy or physical therapy clinic deserves to win! If you just want to take advantage of our incredible early bird special for listing on the directory, check this out!.
What Are Your Thoughts?